Google Custom Search

Friday, April 11, 2014

So the beat goes on

Afternoon, patriots.

Today I will do a "make-up" post of the Gun Rights and Liberty News Roundup since I was not able to do so earlier in the week. This will give you two good Roundups to enjoy and explore.

You will note that as I have expanded the coverage of gun blogs over the past few months, I take a least one day per week to highlight some lesser-known blogs that get little recognition but that are actually very good.

I still highlight my regular favorites though, since these tend to be the movers and the shakers. I hope you like the balance.

I rummage through 60 - 80 gun blogs per week in order to find suitable posts for the Roundup. That is no easy task but one which I am happy to do. Although I have cut back to twice per week for the Roundup, you still get around 40 blogs from which to choose.

In addition to The Liberty Sphere, I still do the column at The Examiner, of course. I am into my seventh year doing that. As always my pay is based upon the number of people who click on the link and read the articles.

This time of year is further complicated by the fact that I am always preparing to conduct special Easter music for my church. Twice per year things get very busy -- the weeks prior to Christmas and the weeks prior to Easter. Those are the two special days during which we present new Christmas and Easter musicals.

Although these things are time-consuming and fraught with snags and snafus, I thoroughly enjoy doing them. I have often said that secretly in my mind I have held to a lifelong desire to be an orchestra conductor -- something that I never got to do but that I to this day still relish. So, although I am but a lowly church choral conductor, this ministry gives me the opportunity to live vicariously through my favorite maestros, such as Eugene Ormandy.

So, today I thought I would give you a brief update on my activities of late. Stay tuned for the Roundup and the Examiner column that I will post this afternoon.

No comments: